The Ei Mer Karen & Karenni Weaving Group of Utah is a partnership between resettled Karen and Karenni weavers from Myanmar (Burma) and the University of Utah’s Division of Occupational Therapy. The group meets regularly to restore and sustain this traditional occupation by learning weaving skills, conducting demonstrations, and selling finished products throughout Salt Lake City. Weavers receive 70% of the proceeds from sales of their items, and the other 30% goes towards purchasing more raw materials.
Ei Mer Weavers
© 2017 · Global Artisans of the US